If you’re thinking about pursuing an online parapsychology degree, you may assume that there are few options available. But far from it. In fact, there are several online parapsychology degree programs that can help you start or expand your career as a parapsychologist, a career that has many growth opportunities. This post will tell you all about these programs and the opportunities they provide.
Parapsychology is the scientific study of paranormal and psychic abilities. It's also known as psychical research. Today, parapsychologists maintain that psychic abilities are a real phenomenon and evidence for the existence of psi phenomena can be scientifically validated. At Andrew Totto's Academy, we provide one of the best parapsychology degrees in America so that you might gain an edge on future employment.
What is parapsychology?
Parapsychology is the study of that which goes beyond the traditional understanding of the five senses. It is used to understand and explain different phenomena that can be related to the paranormal such as
- Extra-sensory perception,
- Ghosts. There are many schools that claim to have a parapsychology program but very few actually have degrees in this field. This article explores which schools offer the best online degree program for those who wish to learn about parapsychology and its related fields.
The online parapsychology degree program is the only fully accredited online program specializing in the paranormal. We’ve been offering this degree for more than 30 years, and we’re the only accredited school to offer an online bachelor’s degree (along with master’s, doctorate, and certification) in parapsychology and the only one to be a member of the Parapsychological Association.
Parapsychology is a field of study that attempts to investigate and understand “psi,” or psychic phenomenon. Psi is a catch-all term that can include all manners of unexplainable events and experiences, including extrasensory perception (ESP) and psychokinesis (PK).
Parapsychology is a broad field that aims to examine such things as mediumship (the supposed ability to communicate with
- The dead),
- Poltergeists and hauntings,
- Past lives, Precognition and
- Prophecy, and other such topics.
What is the best online parapsychology program?
The field of parapsychology is devoted to supporting survival after death and assisting in communication between the living and spirits of the dead. This can include practicing meditation, as well as learning techniques included in psychic readings like tarot card decks and even dream analysis. But what exactly is Parapsychology? This article explains what it is, Parapsychology degrees and provides the top Online Parapsychology Degree programs for those who want to get their degree in the field.
Why should I choose to get my parapsychology degree from Atlantic University?
Atlantic University is in the vanguard of parapsychology education. the online degree programs are offered through the Institute of Parapsychology,
Atlantic is the first and only university degree program in the world to focus exclusively on parapsychology. They offer an AAS degree in Parapsychology and MET (Master’s Equivalency) certification in Parapsychology.
Their graduates are sought after by
- Private investigators,
- Law enforcement agencies,
- The military, federal agencies,
- Universities and other organizations that need experienced staff trained in the field of parapsychology.
What does it take to become a parapsychologist?
The question is one that’s been asked before, especially by those who are unfamiliar with the field and don’t know of any formal educational program in this subject. It is a question that’s been asked many times over the years! Parapsychology has existed as a discipline since the 1930s, but it was only with the advent of the internet and online education that such an academic study became possible.
There are two types of schools that offer accredited parapsychology courses in the world.
- The first type is a university that offers parapsychology as a major, and
- The second type is a school that offers parapsychology as a minor. To learn more about these schools, visit our page on Top Parapsychology Schools in the World. Along with your degree in parapsychology, you will also need to have a strong background in research psychology to become successful. Without this knowledge, you could end up working for an employer who doesn’t share your beliefs and may not be able to find work in the field at all.
- So what does it take to become a parapsychologist? The most important thing is to understand how the human mind works. You must be familiar with both psychology and science before starting your career as a parapsychologist. If you want to practice any kind of divination or fortune-telling, then you will need a degree in psychology or sociology to learn how to read people’s minds. If you are interested in researching paranormal activity, then you will need a degree in physics or chemistry so that you can better understand how ghosts and other paranormal entities operate.
What is the curriculum and how much time will I have to commit each week?
The curriculum is primarily focused on the study of consciousness and how this impacts our physical, psychological, and metaphysical well-being. A sample of some of the courses includes:
- Introduction to ParapsychologY
- History and Philosophy of Parapsychology
- Paranormal Psychology
- Psychic Development
- Spiritual Healing and Mediumship
The curriculum is delivered entirely online through a Learning Management System (LMS). As soon as you register for your first class, you will receive access to the LMS. You can log in at any time from anywhere in the world and complete your coursework. Once you have submitted your work to your instructor, he or she will grade it and send it back to you with comments within 7-10 days. If you have questions or need clarification on something, you can email your instructor directly.
Is an online program right for me?
The University of Metaphysical Sciences offers a wide range of online metaphysical degree programs. Whether you are seeking to become a professional metaphysical practitioner, or if you simply want to expand your knowledge of the metaphysical sciences for personal enrichment, our online metaphysical degree programs are for you.
Our online courses are delivered via our educational platform, which is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection. You can log in and complete your coursework at any time that is convenient for you, allowing you to work while attending school.
Is an Online Metaphysical Degree Program Right For Me?
Our online metaphysical degree programs are designed with working professionals in mind. Having a flexible schedule that allows you to complete your coursework when it’s convenient for you will be a great benefit when balancing work, family, and school. However, there are other benefits that come with attending school online as well:
Convenience and flexibility –
Our online classes allow you to study at your own pace, on your own schedule, and from the comfort of home.
You will save money by attending UMS Online because we offer tuition rates that are significantly lower than traditional brick-and-mortar schools.
A Sense of Community –
While you do not attend class on campus, our online learning system
What Will I Learn in the Online Parapsychology Degree Program?
Our online parapsychology degree program teaches students how to design, conduct, and evaluate research in parapsychology, as well as the history of the field.
As a student in the program, you will learn about theories, methods, and current issues in parapsychology. You will also gain a thorough understanding of the scientific method and how to apply it to psychic phenomena.
You will be able to:
- Describe the history, concepts, and theories of parapsychology
- Analyze psychic phenomena from a scholarly perspective
- Apply current research in parapsychology with scientific principles
- Design and implement original research projects on psychic phenomena
- Gain an advanced understanding of statistical methods for evaluating psi studies
The program consists of 33 credits that can be completed in just two years. Our faculty members have decades of experience conducting psi experiments and publishing research on parapsychology. They are dedicated to helping you master the concepts and theories you need to succeed in this exciting field.
What Can I Do With My Degree?
Parapsychology is a field that has received a lot of attention in the popular media, but it remains a topic of controversy within the scientific community.
The idea that there are abilities that transcend space and time, or are able to bypass the normal limitations of the body and mind have led to much speculation and interest. But what can you really do with a degree in parapsychology?
As far as the job market goes, there is no set career path for those who have earned an online degree in parapsychology. This is because there are very few traditional jobs available for this type of work.
- A degree in parapsychology is more like an advanced hobby than anything else.
However, some people do use their training as a parapsychologist as a means to make money by conducting research or writing papers on topics related to parapsychology.
- someone who has a degree in psychology could go on to become a researcher at a university.
- They could study various aspects of human behavior, including those related to parapsychology. Then they could publish their findings in academic journals or textbooks for other researchers who wish to learn more about this topic
A good parapsychology degree will prepare you for a career in one of the most fascinating and controversial fields of study available. Not only do you get to study and research subjects that can’t be found in any science textbook, but there are also plenty of jobs within parapsychology specifically. There are plenty of ways to make money online, but not many offer you the chance to work within a field that truly fascinates you.